Admissions policies, restrictions and requirements:
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign an agreement releasing AWNHI from any responsibility for any preexisting health conditions, or any new conditions that you experience during or after your stay with us.
- You must be able to care for yourself.
- If you contract a contagious disease or virus prior to coming, we MUST be notified and your stay will be rescheduled.
- Students are welcome without regard to religion, gender, race, and nationality.
- We are a smoke, alcohol and recreational drug-free campus.
- Strong-scented perfume, aftershave, lotion, and incense are not permitted.
- As a courtesy to others, if you snore or use a white-noise or cpap machine, we request that you reserve a private room or apartment.
- We reserve the right to make changes in room assignments.
We welcome families:
- While we do not provide or arrange childcare, we will make available a contact list for independent childcare services for your use.
- Private apartments are available to accommodate families.
- Children 9 years old and younger may attend at no charge.
- Children ages 10 through 13 will receive a 50% discount on program.
- Children ages 14 through 17 will receive a 30% discount on program.
- All children 17 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 18 years old and up will be charged full program.
Policies regarding Pets, ADA Service Dogs, and Emotional Support Animals
- Pets are not allowed on the AWNHI campus at any time.
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Service Dogs are permitted when properly trained and certified by a recognized school, for assisting a person with an ADA-level disability. Dog must be able to perform at least one task the person requires.
ADA Service Dogs must remain on-leash, and accompany the student only when the dog is required to perform special tasks.
- Emotional Support Animals (ESA) are not allowed on campus at any time.
- A potential student needing an ESA, must stay in off-campus housing and will not be allowed to bring the animal to the AWNHI campus at any time.
- An exception may be made if the potential student provides a recent letter from his or her personal psychiatrist, with contact information, stating the need for the ESA. This letter must be provided to our reservations specialist at least 2 weeks prior to arrival, and will be verified by our staff.
Any animal that has permission to be on campus must be well behaved and not a nuisance barker. The animal must be kept on-leash, off furniture, and feces must be picked-up and properly disposed of.
A refundable security deposit may be required.
The material contained on this website is presented for educational and informational purposes only. It is not intended to be used to diagnosis, cure, or treat any disease, ailment or condition. Always consult with a licensed, medical professional when seeking treatment or medical advice.