Air Travel to the Ann Wigmore Natural Health Institute in Puerto Rico:
There are two preferred airline options for transportation to the Ann Wigmore Natural Health Institute in Aguada, Puerto Rico:
1. Fly from the US to Rafael Hernández Airport (BQN) in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico on Jet Blue or United or Spirit Airlines. We will pick you up at the airport or you can take a taxi to the Institute, in Aguada (approximately $40).
2. Arrange air transportation to San Juan and fly from there to Eugenio Maria de Hostos Airport MAZ) in Mayagüez via Cape Air. We will pick you up at the airport or you can take a taxi to the Institute, in Aguada (approximately $40). Let us know the date you will be landing at Mayagüez, and the time of your arrival.
You can travel from San Juan to Aguada by renting a car, by public transportation, or taxi for $160 one way. Each additional person will be $20. See below for details.
If you prefer to rent a car, you may rent it in the San Juan airport and then drop it off at the Mayagüez airport. It takes about two and a half hours to travel between the two airports. We will pick you up from the Mayagüez airport if you give us advance notice. Avis, Thrifty and Budget are possible choices for renting a car for drop off at Mayaguez. Or, you may prefer to keep the car longer and drive it to the Institute.
Driving Directions from San Juan to Aguada:
1. Take highway #22 toward Bayamon, remain on #22 and go towards Arecibo. At Arecibo, the road will curve left – Take route 2 Oeste (west) which will become 2 Sur (south).
2. Continue on 2 Sur (south) past signs for several towns, including Hatillo, Camuy, Quebradillas, Isabela, then Aguadilla. After Aquadilla, you will come to a traffic light. Walgreens will be at your right. Church’s Chicken, Burger King and Auto Zone will be on your left.
3. Continue on 2 Sur (south) to the next traffic light where there is a pedestrian bridge crossing over the highway. At this light, take a right onto 417 Oeste (west).
4. After driving approximately 1.4 miles, you will pass a Texaco station on the right and then come to a light. After the light, drive almost .1 of a mile (one tenth mile) and turn left onto Avenido Nativo Alers.
5. Stay on Avenido Nativo Alers. You will pass Auto Zone on the right, a Banco Popular on the left. At the next light, First Bank will be on the right and Professional School Supply on the left. Keep straight, through the light. Continue on this road. It will curve around to the right. Follow this road until it ends at a ‘T’ intersection. The intersecting road is route #115.
6. Take a left onto route #115 toward Rincon.
7. There is a center divider with potted palm trees where the road splits into a ‘Y.’ Bear left in order to stay on route #115. Do not get on #441.
8. You will pass West Coast gas station on the left. After driving between .40 and .50 (four tenths and five tenths of a mile) past this station, you will need to make a right turn. You will see Cosita Rica (a food stand) on the right and a sign that says El Original Kioskito De La 115. Make your right turn immediately at/after these signs. At the head of the road on which you’re turning, you will see a sign, Muebles Y Enseres. The turn off is easy to miss so please pay close attention. If you pass two ten-story buildings on the right, you have gone too far.
9. After you turn right, you will see a two story building on your left and the Ann Wigmore sign. This is where our office is located.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of these directions.
Public Transportation from San Juan to Aguada:
(Buses operate from 6:30am -5:30pm)
Call Linea Sultana, Inc. at (787) 767 5205 or (787) 765 9377. You have to call them in advance. The bus ride will take from three to four hours. Tell them to drop you off at the Mayagüez airport. Please call our office between 9am-5pm Atlantic Time to arrange for pick up from Mayagüez airport.
For general information about públicos or public transportation, please click here.
It is very important that we know your estimated time of arrival beforehand, so that we can make arrangements for arrivals after 5pm - office closing time. If there is an emergency (such as your flight being severely delayed) and the office has closed, call Millian at 787-504-1329.